Beat the cravings
‘Beat the Cravings’ takes every hour of the day and aligns it to a commonly experienced craving trigger moment.
The concept then shows that our services (iCanQuit and Quitline) are here to help you get through that craving moment.
With a supportive and empathetic tone the campaign increases the achievability of quitting by doing three things:
- Breaking quitting down into small, achievable chunks ––‘just focus on the here and now, get through one craving at a time’
- Increasing awareness that there are multiple smoking cessation support services available to help get through each craving (iCanQuit.com.au and Quitline).
- Provides actionable tactics that can be implemented to help overcome cravings as they arise, such as using nicotine replacement therapy or going for a walk.
All adults who smoke in NSW. Estimated to be approximately 880,000 people (2020).
- Aboriginal people aged 18+ who smoke.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) people aged 18+ who smoke. Specifically, Hindi-, Arabic-, Cantonese-, Mandarin-, and Vietnamese- speaking people who smoke.
- People in regional and rural areas aged 18+ who smoke
Contribute to a decrease in daily smoking prevalence.
- Quitting intentions
- Quitting attempts