The NSW Quitline 13 7848 (13 QUIT) is a confidential telephone information and advice service to help smokers quit and stay quit. The Cancer Institute NSW manages the NSW Quitline.
Call 13 7848 (13 QUIT)*
NSW Quitline Advisors availability (including Aboriginal and Multilingual advisors)
- Monday to Friday: 7am–10:30pm
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9am–5pm.
*The cost of a local call with higher costs from mobile phones.
NSW Quitline advisors are trained professionals who provide:
- A free callback service that schedules additional supportive calls from an advisor. Smokers, who use the call back service and receive up to six calls, can double their chance of successfully quitting.
- A Quit Kit containing helpful information about quitting. The kits are available to order in English, Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Vietnamese.
- An Aboriginal Quitline that provides an individually tailored and culturally sensitive service for Aboriginal callers.
- Dedicated language lines in Arabic, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and Vietnamese. Callers from other culturally diverse communities can call the Translating and Interpreter Service.
- Support for family and friends of smokers.
If you smoke, you can also make an online request for a call back from the NSW Quitline.
We are currently working on a survey of people who have spoken to Quitline. This is conducted over the phone, and at three points in time over 6 months.
- Learn more about the evaluation of Quitline.
For online support visit iCanQuit - ideas and forums to help you quit.