NSW Smoking Cessation Collaboration
The NSW Smoking Cessation Collaboration is working together to support the capacity of the NSW health system and community-based settings to embed brief interventions in smoking cessation as part of routine care, with a view to making smoking cessation ‘everyone’s business’.
Under the NSW Tobacco Strategy and the NSW Cancer Plan, the Collaboration will directly contribute to implementing the delivery of routine brief interventions in smoking cessation through leadership and coordinated action.
- overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of a Smoking Cessation Framework for NSW Health Services (the Framework)
- driving the implementation of the Framework
- working collaboratively to overcome barriers to implement the Framework
- building knowledge, sharing resources and translating evidence to practice for smoking cessation brief interventions, and managing nicotine dependence.
NSW Smoking Cessation Collaboration members
- Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council
- Cancer Council NSW
- Cancer Institute NSW
- Clinical Excellence Commission
- Health Education Training Institute
- NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation
- NSW local health districts
- NSW Ministry of Health
- Primary health networks
- St Vincent’s Hospital Network
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- University of Newcastle