Your cervical screening appointment
A Cervical Screening Test is a quick and simple test that’s been proven to be very effective in avoiding cervical cancer.
Having your Cervical Screening Test
In this section, you’ll find information on what happens when you attend your Cervical Screening Test (the Pap test replacement*).
You can discover more about aspects like:
- what happens at a cervical screening test
- how to prepare for your cervical screening appointment
- what to expect if you are a first-time screener
This short video provides a firsthand look at what happens at a cervical screening appointment.
* In December 2017, the Cervical Screening Test replaced the Pap test as the method of screening women to prevent cervical cancer in Australia.
- Discover how cervical screening has changed