Kids Cancer Alliance
Kids Cancer Alliance (KCA) is one of seven Cancer Institute NSW Translational Cancer Research Centres incorporating research, clinical training, education and service delivery within a formal framework that links leading research and clinical centres.
KCA encompasses the three child cancer-focused medical research institutes in NSW:
- Children’s Cancer Institute NSW
- Children’s Medical Research Institute
- Kids Research Institute
- Child cancer care centres:
- Research efforts are supported by two major universities:
Get detailed information of KCA membership and research activities.
Focus of centre
KCA conducts a broad range of child cancer research with a focus on:
- Developing more potent, less toxic anticancer therapies.
- Improving diagnostics for predicting prognosis and monitoring therapeutic response.
- Providing better models of care for young adult survivors of child cancer, as well as the many under-resourced adolescents and young adults with newly diagnosed cancer.
KCA has organised its research efforts into the following Flagship Programs:
- Development and initiation of early phase clinical trials
- Invention and application of novel diagnostics
- Improvement of models of care
- Application of evidence into practice
- Improvement of training and education
KCA has developed an expertise and quality which has attracted national and international collaboration.
Contact: Michael Evtushenko, Research Program Manager
Phone: (02) 9385 1861