Accelerated Research Implementation Grants
The Cancer Institute NSW funds world-class research in NSW through its research grants.
The purpose of this grant is to support evidence-based projects that are focused on benefitting at least one community identified as a ‘focus population’ in the NSW Cancer Plan, have the potential to be embedded and scaled up in the health system, and are sustainable past the funding period.
The Accelerated Research Implementation Grants aim to support high achieving research teams who have the ability and capacity to:
- Rapidly implement current research into clinical practice that will improve cancer care or cancer outcomes within three years
- Demonstrate a logical pipeline of research implementation across the three years of funding
- Demonstrate a scalability plan to roll out initiatives to multiple sites within NSW
- Demonstrate a sustainability plan to ensure continued application of the research implementation past the funding period
- Demonstrate an evaluation approach that includes both process measures and outcome measures
- Assemble a team with the relevant skills and a track record of working together for the entire program which will, by definition, be multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional. This will need to include clinical partners that span metropolitan and non-metropolitan health care settings.
Applications must be submitted through the Cancer Institute NSW Grants Management System (GMS).
Submissions Open: 7 December 2022 (9.00am)
Submissions Close: 13 February 2023 (1.00pm)
In accordance with the Cancer Institute NSW Competitive Grants Agreement, successful applicants must submit Progress and Final Reports, inclusive of financial reporting, according to the schedule outlined in their agreement.
- Accelerated Research Implementation Grants Guidelines (PDF)
- Endorsement Letter Template - Accelerated Research Implementation Grants (.docx)
- Grants Management System (GMS)
- GMS user guide for applicants (PDF)
Please direct any queries to the Research Grants team: CINSW-Grants@health.nsw.gov.au