The Research Fellowships are highly prestigious and competitive awards for researchers to build on their research capability and become leaders of their own research team.
There are two levels of Fellowships offered by the Cancer Institute NSW:
- Early Career Fellowships – aimed at encouraging early career researchers (1-5 years post PhD completion) to build on their research capability and become leaders of their own research team.
- Career Development Fellowships – aimed at mid-career researchers (5-10 years post PhD completion) who demonstrate the potential to undertake research that will have major significance to cancer outcomes.
The Fellowship Grants aim to:
- Support the career advancement of early and mid-career researchers through the development of research and leadership skills
- Encourage team-based research and collaborations
- Support innovative and/or novel approaches to cancer research that will achieve significant outcomes and demonstrate valuable findings.
Applications must be submitted through the Cancer Institute NSW Grants Management System (GMS). The Fellowship Summary is a mandatory component of the application and must be attached as a supporting document.
In accordance with the Cancer Institute NSW Competitive Grants Agreement, successful applicants must submit Progress and Final Reports, inclusive of financial reporting, according to the schedule outlined in their agreement.
Supporting documents and links
- Fellowship Guidelines (PDF)
- Fellowship Summary Template (Word Doc)
- Administering Institution Endorsement letter Template (Word Doc)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Grants Management System (GMS)
- GMS user guide for applicants (PDF)
Please direct any queries to the Research Grants team: CINSW-Grants@health.nsw.gov.au