We know that making positive lifestyle changes can significantly reduce your risk of cancer.
Being overweight, physically inactive or having a poor diet can contribute to a variety of cancers. Alcohol can increase the risks of many cancers. The NSW Cancer Plan promotes physical activity and healthy eating, and encourages the reduction of alcohol intake.
Hepatitis B and C are a focus of the NSW Cancer Plan, with strategies to help reduce the prevalence of the virus across the state. Hepatitis B and C are a leading cause of primary liver cancer.
NSW Cancer Plan actions
- Implementing the Healthy Eating and Active Living Strategy 2013-2018.
- Implementing the NSW Hepatitis B Strategy 2014-2020 and NSW Hepatitis C Strategy 2014-2020.
- Implementing and evaluating initiatives aimed at reducing the harms associated with alcohol use.
The indicators below are used to track and report on the progress of this objective
- Physical activity by adults
- Alcohol drinking in adults