Cancer Institute NSW
Building cancer research capacity
The NSW Cancer Plan aims to position NSW as a global leader in cancer research and clinical trials.
It ensures that NSW:
- has the right infrastructure and people to accelerate cancer research and realise clinical benefits
- supports collaborations between clinicians and the community.
NSW Cancer Plan actions
- Investing in strategic and efficient clinical trial infrastructure.
- Working with Local Health Districts to support development of strategic plans for cancer clinical trials selection and implementation.
- Investing in fellowships to attract, support and retain cancer researchers.
- Embedding equitable access to research infrastructure.
- Using communities of practice to build research capacity, infrastructure and connections between researchers and clinicians.
View the indicators below to see how NSW is performing against this objective
- Enrolments in clinical trials as a proportion of cancer incidence
- Use of cancer-related data held by Cancer Institute NSW