Accelerated Translational Research Grant (ATRG)
This grant is currently closed.
This unique and substantial program grant will support a research program to accelerate improvements in outcomes aligned with the NSW Cancer Plan. The research program must translate to state-wide benefits to the people of NSW in improving cancer outcomes against one or more of the focus cancers of the current NSW Cancer Plan, or have appropriate emphasis on at least one population with demonstrably poorer cancer health outcomes.
The Accelerated Translational Research Grant aims to support high achieving research teams who have the ability and capacity to:
- Rapidly translate current research into clinical practice that will improve cancer care or cancer outcomes within five years;
- Demonstrate a logical pipeline of research development and implementation across the five years;
- Generate research outcomes and translation of those outcomes into practice at an internationally competitive level; and
- Assemble a team with the relevant skills and a track record of working together for the entire program which will, by definition, be multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional. This will need to include clinical partners that span metropolitan and non-metropolitan health care settings.
The impacts of the research program will be translatable across NSW and will address one or more of the focus cancers of the current NSW Cancer Plan, or at least one population with demonstrably poorer cancer health outcomes.
- Lung cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Primary liver cancer
- Aboriginal communities
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged communities
- Rural and remote communities
- Other populations with poorer cancer health outcomes such as older people and people with long term mental health conditions
Applications are now closed.
In accordance with the Cancer Institute NSW Competitive Grants Agreement, successful applicants must submit Progress and Final Reports, inclusive of financial reporting, according to the schedule outlined in their agreement.