Through analysis of cancer data and engagement with the cancer health system, RBCO helps all levels of the health system understand variation in cancer control and identify opportunities to improve cancer services and patient outcomes.
About this program
The aim of RBCO is to ensure that NSW remains a world leader cancer control, including:
- Cancer prevention: reducing the number of people who get cancer
- Cancer screening: finding cancers early
- Cancer treatment: ensuring people with cancer are assessed quickly, and get the best and most appropriate treatment
- Cancer research: supporting the development of new treatments and approaches to cancer care.
To support this goal, RBCO focuses on:
- engaging all levels of the cancer health system
- highlighting and understanding variations in cancer control between geographical areas and population groups
- supporting evidence-based best practice and continuous quality improvement
- influencing the health system to lessen the impact of cancer across NSW.
Provide a mechanism for engagement - from Frontline staff to Executives and Policy makers level
To highlight and understand variation
Identify where we can make the biggest impact
Support and facilitate
- Best practice
- Current evidence
- Continuous quality improvement