Cancer Institute NSW
Equity of outcomes
Improve cancer outcomes in communities that continue to have poorer outcomes to help everyone achieve their best health.
- Take an equity-first lens to decision making, investment and monitoring. This means prioritising focus populations that have poorer cancer outcomes.
- Recognise the individual, social, cultural and environmental factors that are important to prevent cancers and create supportive environments for healthier decisions and behaviours.
- Empower and partner with focus populations – including through community- based organisations – to create supportive environments, targeted initiatives and services that are culturally safe and responsive, and meet community needs and preferences.
- Ensure that the workforce reflects the diversity of the NSW population, and has the skills to deliver care that is culturally safe, particularly for Aboriginal people.
- Build a strong voice for focus populations at the system level through co-design, leadership roles and governance structures.
- Deliver effective, efficient and affordable treatments that improve cancer outcomes for all.