Bowel screening educational resources
The ‘Bowel Health and Screening’ Flipchart and Facilitator Manual have been designed as tools to assist in providing education on bowel cancer and bowel cancer screening to women and men from different cultural backgrounds.
The Flipchart will assist health and community organisations/workers to explain how bowel cancer develops, risk factors and signs and symptoms of bowel cancer and the importance of doing a bowel screening test every two years with the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP) between the ages of 50 –to74.
The Flipchart is currently available in English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Italian, Greek, Assyrian, Macedonian, Korean and Vietnamese.
The Facilitator Manual provides guidance about planning and delivering bowel screening education sessions/workshops. It includes a planning checklist, suggested content and key messages, optional activities and group discussion points.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding these resources please email us.
How to access these resources
The resources are available in PDF and PowerPoint by clicking the resource links below.
Printed A3 sized flipcharts with an inbuilt stand are available to NSW organisations (but limited to one per language, per organisation). To order, please email the bowel screening team with the required languages and postal address.
- Facilitator Manual (PDF)
- English flipchart (PDF)
- Arabic flipchart (PDF), Arabic flipchart (PPTX)
- Assyrian flipchart (PDF), Assyrian flipchart (PPTX)
- Chinese (simplified) flipchart (PDF), Chinese (simplified) flipchart (PPTX)
- Chinese (traditional) flipchart (PDF), Chinese (traditional) flipchart (PPTX)
- Greek flipchart (PDF), Greek flipchart (PPTX)
- Italian flipchart (PDF), Italian flipchart (PPTX)
- Korean flipchart (PDF), Korean flipchart (PPTX)
- Vietnamese flipchart (PDF), Vietnamese flipchart (PPTX)