Translational Program Grants
This grant is currently closed.
The Cancer Institute NSW funds world-class translational research in NSW through the Translational Program Grants (TPG).
The research will provide the evidence to drive rapid improvements in cancer prevention, treatment and subsequently, survival and quality of life for cancer patients in NSW. The research supported by the Cancer Institute NSW will be performance driven and deliver meaningful and significant outcomes.
The Translational Program Grants aim to:
- Support high achieving research teams who have the ability and capacity to rapidly translate biological discovery, or known effective treatments, to clinical practice within five years
- Invest in programs with a logical progression and pipeline of research that will produce significant outcomes, and which could not be achieved by pursuing the components as separate projects
- Support programs that develop novel methods and create new knowledge and translation in important areas of cancer research and control at an internationally competitive level
- Strengthen cancer research collaborations, networks and/or consortia to provide greater translational cancer research depth e.g. by attracting researchers from interstate and overseas to the program team
- Foster collaborative use of specialised facilities or expertise that had not previously been harnessed
- Fund programs that span at least two phases of the Model of Translational Research.
Applications must be submitted through the Cancer Institute NSW Grants Management System (GMS). There will be two rounds of applications:
Expression of Interest Round
Submissions Open: 21 February 2022 (9am)
Submissions Close: 11 April 2022 (1pm)
Full Applications (invitation only)
Submissions Open: 30 May 2022 (9am)
Submissions Close: 9 August 2022 (1pm)
In accordance with the Cancer Institute NSW Competitive Grants Agreement, successful applicants must submit Progress and Final Reports, inclusive of financial reporting, according to the schedule outlined in their agreement.
Supporting documents and links
- Translational Program Grant Guidelines (PDF)
- Endorsement Letter Template - Translational Program Grant Application (Word doc.)
- Cancer Council NSW Consumer Review Guidelines
- Cancer Council NSW Consumer Review Template (Word doc.)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Grants Management System (GMS)
- GMS user guide for applicants (PDF)
Please direct any queries to the Research Grants team: CINSW-Grants@health.nsw.gov.au