Community and Consumer Advisory Panel
The Community and Consumer Advisory Panel brings together people affected by cancer in NSW to engage in the work of the Cancer Institute NSW.
The experiences, insights and opinions of people on the Panel help to shape better cancer care, benefit policy and contribute to more targeted research in cancer control.
Who are our members?
Panel members come from across NSW and have varying backgrounds and experience with cancer, including cancer survivors and carers.
Our members work on a voluntary basis and generously provide their time, knowledge and expertise.
Their involvement ensures that the services and programs delivered by us meet the needs of those affected by cancer.
How does the panel contribute?
The Panel has contributed in various ways including:
- providing feedback on patient information
- acting as consumer representatives on project advisory groups
- website testing
- participating in focus groups
- providing feedback on the NSW Cancer Plan.
The Consumer and Community Engagement Framework
The Panel was established after the Consumer and Community Engagement Framework (PDF) was developed.
The purpose of this framework is to enable meaningful consumer and community involvement in all levels of cancer control.
This framework has been guided by the National Framework for Consumer Involvement in Cancer Control (PDF), as well as consultation with a range of consumer and community groups.
The framework sets out how we will:
- understand the experiences of consumers as they interact with cancer services
- understand expectations of the community in terms of cancer control
- facilitate mechanisms for consumers to be involved in the development of cancer control programs and services
- ensure that consumer engagement takes account of the diversity of people at risk of cancer.
- Download our Consumer and Community Engagement Framework (PDF).
For more information on the Consumer and Community Panel, or to find out how to participate, please contact Kylie Ide.